Connecting the Laptop:
- With the laptop turned off, turn on the projector, or second monitor.
- Connect the second monitor cable from the projector, or second monitor to the laptop.
- Make sure the projector, monitor is on and in the right mode to receive a computer signal.
- Now turn on the laptop. The Laptop screen will be monitor 1 and the SVGA or DVI connectoron the laptop will be monitor 2 .
- Now determine what graphics card you have.
Determine What Graphics Card You Have:
- Right Click on the Windows desktop.
Windows XP: Properties, then Settings Tab.
Windows Vista: Personalize then Display Settings link.
Windows 7: Screen Resolution.
- Click the Advanced button or Advanced Settings link.
- Click the Adapter tab to see the type of video card you have.
- Follow the steps in Dual Monitor Setup for NVIDIA and ATI graphics cards.
Follow the steps in Intel Graphics Monitor Setup for Intel Graphics cards.