SDA Hymnal Database

Technical/General Questions and Answers about EasyWorship

Moderators: DanW, billh, Rodger, Terry

SDA Hymnal Database

Postby elmr » Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 am

Does anyone has the SDA hymnal into an Easy Worship Database that can share, it's being hard to enter or match the 500+ hymns into my database.

Thanks
elmr

Ditto

Postby fbkssda » Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:15 pm

We are busy doing the same thing. Lots of songs to enter. If you find a database for the hymnal let me know. If not we would be happy to break up the task and share.
fbkssda

Have U seen this?

Postby .bonga » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:48 am

Have U seen this website: http://www.digitalhymnal.org/ ?

.bonga
.bonga

Postby fbkssda » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:47 pm

Thanks, That's a great resource. They are not all there but quite a few of them.

:)
fbkssda

SDA Hymns

Postby Darrin » Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:50 pm

I have a non-easyworship database that has all the SDA hymnal in text format. You can simply do a cut and paste each hymn into easyworship. It will be time consuming, that's why I haven't done it yet but it sure beats typing them all! If you want it, email me at darrinparker_63@hotmail.com and I will send it to you. The files are about 8 Mb so I may need to post you a CD if emailing fails so send and address as well.

:D Darrin Parker :D
Pastor, Nambour
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Darrin

SDA Hymnal Database

Postby Alvin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:39 am

I am Alvin Christian from the Hillview SDA church near Cooranbong NSW Australia. I have been using EW at NNSW camp for the past two years and have recently been asked to take over audio visual at our church – so immediately purchased and introduced EW what else? PP is no where near as

I have a database with every hymn in the SDA hymnbook. It was set up at NNSW camp big tent last year. I have modified it so you can call up the hymn by name or number. There are also heaps of other songs in the database as well.

Are you aware that though that you are not allowed to use all the hymns in the hymnbook? There are three types of hymns.
1. Those that are public domain – use them as you wish,
2. Those that are covered by your churches CCLI licence.-Use them if you have CCLI copyright at your church.
3. Those that are copyright and should not be used unless you have asked permission from the copyright owner to project them. “We have This Hope” is one that you need permission to project. Dora Creek church tried to gain this permission from Wayne Hooper and were refused.

There are 73 hymns that fall into category 3. These are all in the data base but at the top they have the words –NO PERMISSION- I also have a complete list of all songs we have permission to project which I give to all those song leaders needing to select songs. While there are many more in the EW database, we only use the ones we have copyright permission to use and where we have the songbook as well.

Contact me if you need these files. I am happy to share.

Alvin Christian
Alvin

SDA Hymnbook

Postby Alvin » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:43 am

Just thought, my email address could be useful.

alvin.christian@sanitarium.com.au
alvin46@tpg.com.au
Alvin

Re: SDA Hymnal Database

Postby jewatech » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 am

I have created the Adventist Hymnal database with many beautiful backgrounds. because of the quality and number of backgrounds it is 574Mb. Anyone interested in getting it should contact me on the wontumiamoah@yahoo.com. I am in Accra Ghana so if in Ghana then that is easy. I am in need of NIV bible and currently working on getting presentation in Twi a local dilect in Ghana. Any assistance is welcome
jewatech

Postby jewatech » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:31 am

I have created another database of the Adventist hymnal without backgrounds which is just 3Mb. Anyone in need of it should contact me immediately for transfer.
jewatech

Postby giandre » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I am looking for the Hymnal but in spanish. Do any of you know how this could be done?
I have the lyrics in a word document but I am not sure if these could be "easily" be imported in easyworship.
I will appreciate your help on this.
giandre

Postby Alvin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Have you tried the online translation programs available. In my work I deal with people in Taiwan and occasionally need some translation from Chinese. It worked pretty good.

I could send you my SDA Data base and you could try one of the translations services if you wish. They may not be 100% accurate but may be quicker than entering them all. Mind you though, I have them all by the cut n paste method. It did take a while bt I found I could do it from a text file in less than 10 seconds per song! It is just very repetative and boring!

Alvin
Alvin

Postby ESDA » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Alvin,

I sent you an e-mail to the above two addresses. Would love to get in touch with you. I have just just become the AV officer at Esperance SDA Church, WA. I am looking at the EasyWorship software and would love to be able to use your database.

Hope to hear from you soon

J.

(I would have tried private messaging you, however, being a new member, I am apparently not allowed to.)
ESDA

Postby sda » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 am

The complete online Sda Hymnal is here http://www.sdahymnal.net/ also private message me and I can send you they hymns. What format do you need them?
sda

Postby victortjakra » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:32 am

Hallo Fellow SDA..
I really need the database of the SDA Hymnal. Can someone send it to my email : hino_arashi90@yahoo.com Thank you very much. Hope to get a reply soon. God Bless You
victortjakra

Postby Alvin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 pm

I have sent to many SDA churches, the SDA hymnal song words as a set of schedule files. They are small enough to send in one email as attachments.
These can be loaded and used within a few minutes and are set up so the user can find a hymn by its name or it's number.
I also send a document that tells you how to install them into EW for those who are not familiar with the simple process.

Email me at:
alvin.christian@sanitarium.com.au
or
alvinbev23@gmail.com (NOTE: the above TPG address is no longer valid)

and I will send by return email.

Please identify your self and the church you attend. I like to know where these are going and find out about the church.

Regards

Alvin
Alvin

Next

Return to General Discussion